1500 Calories. Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Low Cost Low Calorie Menu.
When I woke up this morning, I was eating a small handful of Chex Mix before I knew it. I hadn’t planned to eat it today, so I had to add it to my breakfast anyway. I haven’t mentioned it yet, but the orange juice and soymilk I drink are both fortified with calcium. When you don’t eat dairy products, calcium is one of the nutrients to watch out for.
- 3/4-cup soymilk (for homemade café au lait)
- 1-1/2 cups coffee (for homemade café au lait)
- 2 tablespoons Chex Mix
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable juice (store-brand V-8)
- 1 packet instant grits
- 2/3-cup egg beaters
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/2-cup orange juice
- 1 serving Simple Black Beans & Potatoes (half the recipe, other half for another day.)
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons low calorie Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup salsa (for the beans & potatoes)
- 1 serving Japanese Noodles with vegetables (leftovers)
- 5-ounces baked salmon (leftovers)
- 1 small apple
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, bottled for flavoring tea and water
- Herbal Tea, hot
- Iced Tea
Per Serving: 1525 Calories; 33g Fat (19.4% calories from fat); 88g Protein; 223g Carbohydrate; 38g Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 2352mg Sodium.
Calories By Percentage: 19% Fat; 58% Carbohydrate; 23% Protein.
Exchanges: 8 Grain(Starch); 7-1/2 Lean Meat; 7-1/2 Vegetable; 4 Fruit; 5 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.