Have you ever spent $5 on a Frappuccino? I haven’t. But my taste testers tell me that this tastes just like the ones they get from upscale coffee shops. If you agree, and even if you don’t, be sure to let other readers know in the comment section.
This is similar to my Magic Milk Shake recipe.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- About 4 cups of ice cubes, or 1 to 1-1/2 trays
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5-second squirt of non-stick spray for emulsification purposes (optional, but good)
Place all of the ingredients into the blender, including the oil and the non-stick spray. Use less water for thicker milk shakes and more water for shakes that are easy on your blender motor. The blender should be about 3/4-full. Place the lid on the blender. Process for a full 2 minutes. Pour into cups and serve.
Makes four 12-ounce servings OR three 16-ounce servings.