1500 Calories. Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Low Cost Low Calorie Menu.
When I woke up this morning, I was eating a small handful of Chex Mix before I knew it. I hadn’t planned to eat it today, so I had to add it to my breakfast anyway. I haven’t mentioned it yet, but the orange juice and soymilk I drink are both fortified with calcium. When you don’t eat dairy products, calcium is one of the nutrients to watch out for.
- 3/4-cup soymilk (for homemade café au lait)
- 1-1/2 cups coffee (for homemade café au lait)
- 2 tablespoons Chex Mix
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable juice (store-brand V-8)
- 1 packet instant grits
- 2/3-cup egg beaters
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/2-cup orange juice
- 1 serving Simple Black Beans & Potatoes (half the recipe, other half for another day.)
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons low calorie Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup salsa (for the beans & potatoes)
- 1 serving Japanese Noodles with vegetables (leftovers)
- 5-ounces baked salmon (leftovers)
- 1 small apple
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, bottled for flavoring tea and water
- Herbal Tea, hot
- Iced Tea
Per Serving: 1525 Calories; 33g Fat (19.4% calories from fat); 88g Protein; 223g Carbohydrate; 38g Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 2352mg Sodium.
Calories By Percentage: 19% Fat; 58% Carbohydrate; 23% Protein.
Exchanges: 8 Grain(Starch); 7-1/2 Lean Meat; 7-1/2 Vegetable; 4 Fruit; 5 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Not to worry Miss Maggie…I confess, I ate two gluten free pretzels, (very small) this morning, so I’m taking it off my lunch calories. Hang in there my friend, “this too shall pass”, with effort on our part and the help of our Heavenly Father, we’ll get there. My gram used to say, “God will never do FOR you what you can do for yourself, but he will strengthen you in the process. Have a wonderful day!
That is a lovely sentiment Karoline. He is strengthening me. I feel it every time I say no to other food and remind myself that I can say yes to my food instead. As they say, progress, not perfection.