I’ve decided not to blog what I planned to eat, because I haven’t been planning so much in advance, as just doing it on the fly. This is of course, subject to change and whims on my part.
I wasn’t hungry yesterday much at all. I love the days when my appetite isn’t a ravenous beast. I asked myself a couple of times if God really wanted me to eat something, and both times the answer was NO. So I didn’t eat the thing I was thinking of eating. It was kind of empowering to be able to stop, ask myself the question, and then come up with a sane and reasonable answer. Simply having the choice to not eat something is a pretty big deal when this evil monster in my head has for so many years reared it’s ugly head and demanded “EAT!” That monster is quieter now, easier to manage. It’s kind of wonderful. Thank You God. Amen.
What I Ate Yesterday.
- 20 oz coffee
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons kim chee (Korean Fermented Cabbage)
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup turkey dog, pepper and zucchini stir fry
- 1 quart lemon water
- 1 serving salmon and broccoli quiche (not good enough to share, bummer :()
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1-1/4 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 ounces turkey lunch meat (sliced, like for sandwiches)
- 1/2 tablespoon light mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 Evil Great Value Gluten Free Sandwich Cookies (still working my way through the packages. Got a ways to go. May try freezing them to get them out of my way)
- 1 quart lemon water
Per Serving: 1379 Calories; 53g Fat (32.9% calories from fat); 68g Protein; 174g Carbohydrate; 27g Dietary Fiber; 152mg Cholesterol; 2705mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 5-1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 6 Vegetable; 2 Fruit; 6 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.
I am such a perfectionist. When I see what I ate and it’s not exactly on target for everything it makes me feel bad. But I am not going to let that stop me from trying. There is no such thing as a “perfect” eating plan. I’m just going to keep going because if I stop, if I quit, I automatically stop losing weight. So I’m going to keep going with my food plan. In all of it’s ignominious glory. It’s not perfect, but it’s real. And I am going to keep on going because I want to keep losing weight. The battle isn’t won or lost in a single day or a single meal plan. It’s something I have to continuously work on. I’m better than I was, and that is from practice. I’m going to keep practicing so that I can get better still.
Goals for my next food plan:
- Keep an eye on sodium.
- Eat more fruits
- See if I have the courage to get rid of those stupid Great Value Gluten Free Sandwich Cookies.
Throw away the cookies! Or mash them up and make them the crust for a cobbler!
Words of wisdom Joy, words of wisdom 🙂